Monday, May 14, 2007

The starting of the season of work

I started work today. Being home even for such a short period of time has been hard. I feel great "Homesickness" for Waterloo and my friends there. However, I have a summer of copeing already under my built and I am capitalizing on the experiences there. One of them is the establishment of a routine that is both physically and mentally healthy. The bike ride in the cool morning to the factory, the death ride up the huge hill of destruction back from the factory, overtime (1 hour today), the end of the day crap (good way to make extra money), the scenic evening jog, and the just-before-bed e-mail session. These all help to keep my sanity. My senses are heightened at times like these so the miserable times are really miserable and the joyful ones are really joyful. I was received at the Spice Factory as if it was the second coming (and indeed it was). Everyone was really glad to see me, and I them. Unfortunately I'm working alone at Loading Station 1 for the summer, but none-the-less it will probably a good time of reflection and accidents with the forklift. Speaking of which, I drove the forklift today, and its harder than it looks. But I think I did well. Only a bag fell from 20 feet in the air when i was getting the skid down from the racks, fortunately it didn't land on anyone, but it did make a cool explosion of dextrose when it hit the floor. I am not sore which is nice. Home will take some adjusting, "watch it mon"

No comments: