Monday, May 14, 2007

The Power of Lids


So I was loading salt in the loader along with oil today, and it was near the end, and visions of home were dancing in my head. Then the loader which is a loud mother, just went quiet and stopped. It appeared to be broken. And I wondered, why? I went down and told Tim our foreman. But he was busy and said he'd be a few minutes, so i returned to my station and did an inspection and realized I had forgotten to take the lid off the bin which the loader was putting the salt into. this meant that the salt and hit the lid and piled up the discharge chaft and into the machine and jammed it. I sheepishly notified Tim that the problem was that I had forgotten to take the lid off the bin before I loaded the spice into it. So we somehow got the lid off and the bin and opened up the loader (which has all these spinny things inside) and tried to unjam it. But we were unsuccessfull. Tim, after swearing like a sailor for 10 minutes, concluded that the machine had to be washed and then fixed, meaning that it was useless for the rest of the day. I had broken the loader in my hurry to get home. Well Tushar the Terrible (my boss) had mercy on me, and didn't fire me, he said accidents happen. I have found favour with the lord and with Tushar. I ended up having a reunion with my old working partner Richard, and we stayed till 6:45, meaning I had a 11hr and 15 minute day, which was long. The moral of the story, when loading spices into a bin, it is best to take the lid off the bin first. Other amusing things: when I was talking with Richard about the pending acne explosion that always hits my face when I work at the Spice factory his prescription was: lots of Sex & lime. According to Richard, Acne is the result of pent up sexual energy. I think he is right, I don't get lots of sex, maybe I'll change that, I don't get alot of lime either. When I asked Calvin if he was dating the wrong guys (as he was reading an article in the Sun by that title), he replied, "No Broda, I's a clean living fella"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Clem! crazy that you've got a blog! hopefully the factory isn't all bad, especially if you "unionize" it again.

Speaking of acme cures, it appears our old joke is off the table, so we're gonna have to think of another poor unsuspecting female for me to joke about you marrying...

Matthew

Kevin James Field said...

Whaaaat...who was that originally...maybe I shouldn't know.